Wednesday, February 27, 2013

current favorite: edition poshette

It so happens, that I live with someone very creative, very gifted and very, very amazing.
She is, first off, very beautiful, but also the brains behind the amazing brand Edition Poshette. A mix of luxury leather goods: Wallets, note books, luggage tags, bags etc.

What's the deal with this brand?

I am the first one to admit, that I love high-end brands. I love Chloé, I love Yves Saint Laurent and I love Chanel. I'm not saying that my closet is full of these brands, but you get the picture. 

The only thing about these amazing brands is the mass-production. Knowing, that when you buy that skirt, there isn't much history behind it, and that it doesn't feel so so special.
Admitted, my Chanel ballerinas are one of my greatest treasures, and they do feel special to me.
But sometimes I miss that history, that inspiration, that poetry and that adventure.

Then came.... Edition Poshette.

And the deal is, my friends, that these leather goods have a history. I've seen that with my own eyes. Hand-made, soft leather with amazing prints, witty sayings and at the same time totally and completely necessary items.
Everything from the box that the items come in to the the prints on the leather, gives you that amazing adventurous feeling. 

SO... A while ago, I asked dear Simone Bendix (her name), if she had ever considered making key chains (or key rings, to be exact). I have been walking around with a lousy metal key ring - very non-parisienne indeed. I figured, that she would be thrilled about the idea. Turns out that she had already produced key rings. Of course.
And oh the joy, when I got one. I feel like flashing my keys to everybody, and the leather is so soft, that I could use it as a pillow.

Pictures? Comin' up.

Much love and gros bisous
Thea

Pssssssssst: Check the website, bien sûr: http://www.editionposhette.com
And for those of you wanting to purchase the products online, hang one a little while longer... A webshop is in the making!














No comments:

Post a Comment